I love brownies and their white chocolate sibling more than anything. That fudgy chewy moist centre and the slightly crispy top, add matcha and white chocolate and you’re on to a winner! I’ve fine tuned the amount of white chocolate and matcha and believe this amount is perfect, the matcha is subtle but definitely there and the white chocolate is divine.
The ingredients you’ll need for this recipe are:
240g of white chocolate
2 tsp of matcha (I used Bluebird Tea Co’s matcha)
30g of white chocolate chips
80g of plain flour
1. Put the butter and white chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt over a saucepan of boiling water, then add the sugar.
2. Add the eggs one at a time.
3. Sift in the flour and matcha.
4. Fold in the white chocolate chips but hold some back to sprinkle on top.
5. Pour the mixture in to a tray lined with greaseproof paper
6. Bake the brownies at 200° C for 5-10 minutes and then remove from the oven, cover with foil and bake for a further 25-30 minutes. I made these at my house and also my partners and I found the cooking time varied between the two so keep an eye on them and test them by dipping a knife in the middle
7. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the remaining white chocolate chips over the top, you’ll find that they soften and melt (heaven!).
That’s it, it’s that easy. The results are mind-blowing and they’re a real crowd-pleaser. I’d love to hear how you get on making these, if you have any questions or issues making them I’d love to help via email or Twitter.
Get more recipes and reviews straight to your inbox!
Pingback: RECIPE: RASPBERRY MATCHA & WHITE CHOCOLATE BLONDIES – amy lee cup of tea()